1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying built in pc game Help Needed Please

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by funkybabe, Apr 15, 2009.

1. funkybabe

funkybabe Member

Hello I'm probably in wrong room but am hoping someone can tell me if it is possible to copy built-in sims2 from a laptop i just got so i can put it on my pc instead, I am assuming it is in program files, but am unsure of how to fully copy and if i need certain type of software, Any help is much appreciated thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

Sims2 expansion pack "built ins" could easily be backed up with Alcohol 120%. This isn't freeware, but has a trial period so you can mess around with it. Check out their website for game info and the encryption that is involved.

http://www.120search.net/ Just incase you are interested...... :)

Slysoft has a proggy called "game jackal", so there's another possibility for a backup. There are many apps that could do this for you, and some of them are free even. Use the search function at the top of the page here at Afterdawn and sift through the threads that relate to your needs, I'm sure you'll find what you want.

Cheers.

3. funkybabe

funkybabe Member

thanks for your reply i will have a look at the options youve suggested. Although i am serious newbie at this kind of thing lol.

4. ThePastor

ThePastor Member

It might also be possible to discover your "serial number" or other authorization code for your built-in program, then go to the website/alternative download site and download an install for it and use your authorization code to activate it.

That's a generic answer which may or may not apply to that specific game, but it's worth looking into.