1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Disney movies

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by shamoda1, Mar 30, 2006.

1. shamoda1

shamoda1 Member

I'm having trouble making a backup of a couple of Disney movies. The Princess Diaries 2 and Chicken Little. I have tried DVD Shrink to no avail and also DVD FAB.Any suggestions. I just started trying the different ways to make back up copies after I bought 321 (all) upgrades too and then to have them shut down. I had to reformat my hard drive and could never get it back up again. I really loved that program. It was basically idiot proof.

2. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

I used AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for this one (Region 1). AnyDVD w/ Recode2 gave me probs with this title...

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@shamoda1
    The 321 (xcopy) you used to use wouldn't handle these either so it's better imho to try some new software.
    AnyDVD running w/ Shrink should handle both of these. I used AnyDVD and CloneDVD to do them. The easiest combo - you can try it free for 21 days. http://slysoft.com
    These movies do have copy protection that shrink can't handle by itself but dvdfab decrypter should have. Are you using the latest version 2.9.7.3? What error did dvd fab give you?

4. rp_024

rp_024 Guest

5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

shamoda1 ,as Binkie said clonedvd 2 with anydvd is your best bet very easdy to use fast great quality and updates to do the newer movies try the 21 day free trial and use this guide to use the programs

http://bbmayo.home.comcast.net/

remember to use good blank media (Taiyo Yuden and or Verbatim) and burn at 4x starting out

6. shamoda1

shamoda1 Member

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I will work with Anydvd and Clone DVD in the future. Believe it or not (I am embarrassed to say) that yesterday before I went to work I tried Shrink DVD again and this time it worked and the rest went as smooth as silk on one of the two. I wll try like, I said AnyDVD and Clone DVD on the other. Again I am a novice and I have no idea why it did not work the first time. My wife told me it took 3 hours to copy "just" the movie part but it worked and it burned perfectly. I love trying all the different (combo's)ways to copy and the instructions (screens and all) are super. What an Awesome website you have. Again Thank you for all your help.

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yes clonedvd 2 with anydvd is def. the way to go with clonedvd 2 you will never have a problem transcoding a dvd where on the other hand dvd shrink will have some trouble with the newer movies even with anydvd running behind the program

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@shamoda1
    I totally agree w/ aabbccdd on anydvd & clonedvd being the way to go. But I too like to play with the others software - esp on the 'tougher' movies.
    Now the 3 hour bit w/ shrink well unless you have a pretty old pc or have the 'deep analysis' option checked (even still a bit long if this is checked) make sure you are in DMA mode and not the slooow PIO mode.
    Here's a guide if needed:
    http://my.afterdawn.com/alkohol/blog_entry.cfm/231/dmaissues

9. keyrom

keyrom Member

I backed up Chicken Little simply with DVD43, shrink, and Nero to burn. I only backed up the main movie, and it went very well - no problem. Seems as if some of us get lucky with certain programs, and others have difficulties with others. That's the fun of the game, or the enjoyment of backing up movies.

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member