1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Doom 3 to a single 4.7GB DVD

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by D3xblade, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Numbers 13:33 is a good one too ;)

Piers Anthony has been one of my favorite authors since the early eighties :)

But we really should get back on topic lest I have to yell at myself for getting off topic :p

2. sock-o

sock-o Member

3. Jimliner

Jimliner Guest

D2xblade and coldfireX
    Thanks for the info. Detail was helpful.
    All went well except when trying DVD, message came up please put in correct DVD-Rom.
    I did use the dvd rom selection in drop down window in nero 6.

I am close to back up. thanks in advance for any further help.

Jimliner

4. JUSTM!KE

JUSTM!KE Member

Well I followed your directions and it works great. One DVD for all 3.

Now is there a way to add the expansion pack (RoE) to the DVD so it all installs at the same time?

Thanks for the great info!!!

5. furmanSK

furmanSK Member

Here is what you do (and i haven't responded in awhile but i saw it in my email and i've had it workin for some time now), I have FarCry and Doom3 on one DVD and there just DVDdat so what i did is i fixed the file u know and everything and then made ISO files of them both and burnt them to DVD and installs faster and no problems and i also have the EXP and im probably gonna just put it on as an ISO file as well and oh yeah use Alcohol 120% or anything that will mount an ISO or image so you can load off it. If you have any questions just email me or PM me on here im probably someday gonna have like all my games on a few DVD's :)

6. JUSTM!KE

JUSTM!KE Member

I was talking about havin it all install at one time no stopping. So installing Doom 3 and the expansion pack. I dont think its possible, if it is its prolly harder to do than I want to get into. When you install the expansion pack it updates Doom to 1.2.

7. encroach

encroach Regular member

Does this apply to any pc game?

8. Verica

Verica Member

Can anyone tell me how to edit a non msi installation game. There are many of multi disk games that contain info in setup.exe. How to open an exe file and edit it like doom 3 or manhunt or any msi game. is there some progamm? If there is, could someone please let me know?

9. fmrl

fmrl Member

I used this method to copy 3 Pariah CDs to 1 DVD:
    1. Extracted all files from all CDs to one folder on my hdd, using MagicISO.
    2. Created an ISO of all of these files in the folder using MagicISO.
    3. Burned this ISO to a DVD using MagicISO.
    4. Installed from the DVD.
    5. After install used a freely available "no-cd" Pariah executable.

10. ubgrumpy

ubgrumpy Member

After doing a search in google, for sites about CD2DVD conversion, I have come across this thread.
    I thought your members would be interested to know most of the answers they seek can indeed be found here: http://www.cd-2-dvd.com/ or http://fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=64871
    Here you will find many conversions, including one for Call of Duty + United Offensive on One DVD, Also Doom 3 + Ressurrection of Evil on One DVD. ;)
    P.S: To the Mods, hope these site links are ok? There are no cracks or warez to be found there!

ubgrumpy (aka Grumpy)

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Outstanding links Grumpy :)

12. Luciel

Luciel Member

Not to mention the other 100 sites that have ripped off the conversions from www.cd-2-dvd.com without mentioning original authours, hell they didn't even change the wording!

13. gh0stm3

gh0stm3 Member

i get a fatal error 2349. This is stressing me to bits ive bin on this for hours now , if i leave the files on my hd it installs, but wen i make an iso either on dvd or using daemon i get that error. What am i doing wrong??

ghost

14. jabes05

jabes05 Member

I know this is an old thread, but I have used all of your tutorial and the game is installed. But when I go to play the game, the game still asks for disc 1 to be inserted. I am using the same disc that I used to install. I have also used daemon tools to try and boot without using the disc. Any suggestions? Thank you

15. ubgrumpy

ubgrumpy Member

The Doom 3 DVD wont actually play from the DVD! But I am sure the lastest update for the game removes the CDCheck from the game therefore you wont need to use the disc to play.
    And if I am wrong about the latest update removing the CDCheck then you can use a NoDVD crack to play. ;)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  16. MaddDowg

MaddDowg Member

17. campbuds

campbuds Member

I want to do this for ut2k4.

But I see nothing to edit as far as it asking for more discs. Maybe someone could help me with that?

18. Thuglivin

Thuglivin Member

Heya last night i just downloaded this game and i cant get this working i have looked all throught this forum and ive got a some questions to ask

1: Do i really have to burn the all the information to a dvd because if it doesnt work i dont wanna waste it.
    2: If not how do i do it then
    3: Is this what the thing in Orca looks like

1 76 DOOM 3 Disk 1 DOOM3_1
    2 90 DOOM 3 Disk 2 DOOM3_1
    3 104 DOOM 3 Disk 3 DOOM3_1
    4 105 DOOM 3 Disk 1 DOOM3_1

4: If thats correct how is that ment to install the game because when i click on is it says " This installation package could not be open. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contract the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package ".

19. Thuglivin

Thuglivin Member

Hey dont worry i got it working pretty easy when you figure it out, i didnt have to burn a dvd disk either. All i did was download the patch took those pk4 thingos or what ever and places them on to Program files,Doom 3, Data then open the game by using the no cd patch then boom it works. Im not much of a Doom player never have been but i think i might get into this one.