1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying dvd backups

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dottie1, Feb 28, 2005.

1. dottie1

dottie1 Guest

Hope someone can help, I'm trying to copy a dvd on the fly using nero 6.6.0.0. I have a pioneer 120s reader and a pioneer 108 writer, in Nero I select dvd copy with my origional dvd in the source drive and my blank in the destination drive, when I press burn my computer eject's the source disk out and an error message comes up (invalid format or blank disk) something like that anyway...I've tried uninstalling nero and reinstalling, taking the burn speed down to 4x but still the same thing happens, any ideas

2. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

dottie,
    Are you trying to copy a retail DVD or trying to copy a copy of a retail DVD.
    HW,

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

1.You shouldnt copy on the fly,your asking for errors.
    2.You cant copy a dvd without decrypting it first(i.e. using a ripper or AnyDvd)

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Is your original DVD ""copy protected"" ? if you dont know -- just run a simulation -- click on MORE -- and tick simulation.

If it is -- you have 2 alternatives

1- Get AnyDvd and let it run in the background while Nero is burning

2- Use Dvd Decrypter

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2005
  5. dottie1

dottie1 Guest

I'm copying a copied dvd so I would of thought it should be ok, I will try to run a simulation and see how it goes, thanx for the input, I'll let you know.

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

If your copying a copy,you can just use dvd decrypter,click mode/iso read/iso write
    good luck
    jD

7. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

When I do a copy to copy (protection removed)I first try Nero Recode - it analysis the disc first - if okay it proceeds to encoding and burning. If I get the lovely cyclic redunancy error I check the disc and if there are no visible issues that I can correct (fingerprints) I use DVD Shrink. It work 99% of the time. The ones that this doesn't work on usually are on poor media. I've wasted more time using Nero on the fly so I stick with the above. Plus it still only takes me 15 - 20 minutes.