1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COPYING DVD GAMES...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rohit20, May 26, 2007.

1. rohit20

rohit20 Member

can any1 tell me how 2 copy a copy protected game DVD like fifa 07..

2. onya

onya Guest

There are a few ways to back up your game, and by using the search funtion you'll get most of the answers you need. My preference leans heavily towards Alcohol 120% which isn't freeware, but does have a trial period. Use this LINK for the download and game search. The "game search" on that site, will get you (hopefully) the info you require on the type of protection this game has. If/when you decide to use 120%, follow the on-board manual (under the help menu) which is very easy to follow, and you should be good to go. Points to remember are to use high quality media blanks and to burn at 4X,6X or even 8X speed for best results.

As far as using the search function on this site, type in "backup dvd game" not including the quotes, and read up on the various threads. If you don't get what your'e looking for, vary the words in search until you do.

3. rohit20

rohit20 Member

thanx.....but i hv already tried alcohol 120% on my fifa 07.....its gettin copied but den by mounting it or by copying it its not workin..n i guess alcohol is best in case of copy-protected cds....not dvds..

4. onya

onya Guest

5. rohit20

rohit20 Member

when u insert a DVD in alcohol...no data type,etc options r availabe...only next..next n start..

6. onya

onya Guest

Excuse the delay, I was watching Formula one

OOPPS, real sorry rohit20...

I incorrectly stated, :(
    The penny didn't drop straight away, and had to double check what the hell I was on about...LOL

If you are copying a DVD it will not be possible to choose a Datatype as they are not needed for DVD's. I was mixing game types and so had a brain fart. Copy the game as instructed etc, and use DVD-R or set 120% to booktype a DVD+R. The mod chip you have (or other device) should now read the backup ok. Howd you go?

7. rohit20

rohit20 Member

wat xcatly is a mod chip....n is it freeware....can u plz gv me step by step instructions....n i m takin bout dvd pc games.

8. onya

onya Guest

Mod chips are needed for running backed up games in gaming consoles. You don't need any modifications for your pc to play backed up pc games....

9. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Wrong forum. Try one of the GAME forums...

10. bopal1

bopal1 Member

yeah i am having the same problem aswell.

How do we make images/backup copies of PC DVD GAMES?
    an error pops up when i try Alcohol120...

saying... "FAT32/FAT16 file system can NOT store files larger than 4GB! Do you want to continue duming?

when i continue... a writing error shows up on alcohol120.
    another words... I am not able to copy/images of anything over 4GB!

I have looked up more about this problem.. I heard of somthing called NTFS.

q1) is this conversion safe to do (FAT32 to NTFS)?

q2) will i be able to have all my data still on the HD after conversion?

q3) after conversion... can i then be able to burn/copy/image data or DVD over 4GB?

q4) is there anyone who has been able to backup/image making of any PC DVD GAMES over 4GB?

q5) i have tried these programs... (cloneCD, anyDVD, Alcohol120, Nero, GameClone... non of these have been able to backup or make images over 4GB).

q6) is NTFS conversion on HD the only way out of this.

q7)is it wise to have my partitioned HD have two different file systems (eg... C drive NTFS... and D drive FAT32)?

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (and i have asked all over the place for answers. Including this site... to no avail. Is there any Human who can help me? Do i "press" the conversion button. will this fix all my problems?)