1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying DVD-R from DVD-R made on DMR30?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jnelson, Jul 17, 2003.

1. jnelson

jnelson Member

I am copying some family videos on to DVD-R with a Panasonic DMR30. I have tried to then make copies of them with the master in a DVD ROM drive and burning them to a Panasonic Multi Drive burner. It does not work. It either burns 1 minute then stops, or burns the menu only and stops. Do I need special software or is there something different about the DVDs made on the DVD recorder? Thanks for any help, my email address is germanfilm@aol.com

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im presuming the DMR30 is a RAM burner, i cant quite remember. Are you trying to burn another RAM disc, or a DVD-R disc?

What are the steps you take, from when you put the video onto the computer (what format is it in) until you attempt to re burn on new disc?

Chris

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

4. jnelson

jnelson Member

yes I am burning DVD-R with the DMR30 (which will record DVDRAM also) when I tried to burn a DVD-R copy using a Panasonic multi drive it appeared to work, I dragged and dropped the entire VIDEO_TS file to burn, about an hour later the disc was burned but would only play the menu and then a blank screen on 4 seperate players. I have been reading about DVD Decrypter but why would a DVD-R that I recrded myself be encrypted? My current system does not have enought HD space to do what Decrypter appear to do ie rip the DVD and remove encryption, so I am buying a new system. then should I ues DVD Decrypter or DVDXCopy?

5. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I copy my movies made on my DMR-E50 (and perviously I was using the 30) using:

DVD Decrypter
    DVD2one (to get rid of the fricken menu)
    Stomp RecordNow to burn.

6. Dela

Well DVDXCopy will do it, so will dvd2one and dvd95copy!

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

8. Dela

Yes Oriphus I do know DVD Shrink man, I just decided to name the other software!

9. jnelson

jnelson Member

Thanks for the suggestions my main concern was there was something about recording from the DMR30 that was preventing me from copying, it is mainly my lack of appropriate hardware and software. I will utilize the suggestions here report back if there are any problems.

10. Dela

We shall be waiting :)

11. jnelson

jnelson Member

Okay I got all the hardware etc, bought the new Pinnacle Instantcopy and downloaded DVD Decrypter. Instantcopy apeared to work initially but only burned 3/4 of the actual film then gave an error message. On the second try it appeared successful but the film ended at 2/3 of the way through even though the "successful completion" window came up. Very disappointing. However I followed the DVD Decrypter protocol iso read, to the HD, then iso write to the burner and got a perfect copy. What did Instantcoy do wrong and now what do I do with the .mds files ? trash em? Thanks

12. Dela

mds?? as in images?? shit dude im lost now again lol

13. jnelson

jnelson Member

DVD Decrypter created two seperate files on the hard drive the .iso file and .mds file, I have burned the copies with the .iso file successfully but just wondered what are the .mds files they are small like 4k kb.

14. Dela

Oh hahahahaha I mixed this thread with another one i was looking at, my apologies man, no if uve burner sucessfully, dump the files :)