1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying DVD+R to PC

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by kfeeley, Mar 16, 2005.

1. kfeeley

kfeeley Member

Hello,

Recently, I used the DVD+R burner that's connected to my VCR to transfer a home video on VCR to digital format.

Now I want to transfer the digitized version to my PC so that I can take a part of that movie and include it in another video/movie that I am making with photos.

Problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to transfer the video to PC in some editable format. I can get it to play in Windows Media Player. However, if I try to use MovieMaker or Magix Media Manager, it just shows me the files, but says it can't read them. The files seem to be saved in 2 folders: one called "Video_RM" and the other "Video_TS". When I open up the RM folder, there are 3 DAT files, 1 IFO file, and 1 BUP file. In the TS folder, there are also 6 VOB files.

Which of these is what I want? What software would do this? How do I do this?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Karen

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Get a little free program called ReJig.
    Open it, select File mode.
    Click ADD.
    Find the VIDEO_TS folder, and click on VTS_01_1.VOB
    In the right pane, hilight the video, click demux.
    Hilight the audio, click demux.
    Close rejig.
    You will now have an mpv and an mp2 (or ac3) file.
    Open Magix Media Manager, and see if it will accept those two files as video and audio.
    If not, you need to mux the audio and video back together again.
    You can do this in another nice free program called Muxman.

3. kfeeley

kfeeley Member

Great!

Thanks very much for your help.

I will try that. If I still have problems, I'll let you know. Otherwise, assume that you have wonderfully solved my problem.

-Karen