1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying dvd to dvd

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by laxin, Oct 5, 2004.

1. laxin

laxin Member

I have a panasonic dmr e55 and I get the message, that it cannot copy because of the copyright on the dvd i am trying to record from, will a video image stabalizer fix this with my machine or do I need something else? Someone help

2. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Is this dvd burner a stand alone ?

3. laxin

laxin Member

yes it is, and right now I have a sony 5 disc dvd changer running into my panasonic.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

moved

You may get a better response here :c]-~

5. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Well as far as I know, which I could be wrong, you can't burn a dvd from a dvd player to a dvd recorder.
    It has something to do with the difference in the wave lengths that the recorder plays and records at. You can copy vhs tapes from a vcr to a dvd recorder though. If someone has found away around this to where you can copy dvd to dvd i'd really like to know how. A video stabilizer wont do nothing when trying to burn a dvd from a player to a recorder. It will clean up the picture a bit when burning vhs to dvd.

6. laxin

laxin Member

Ok thx, what about recording my dvd onto the harddrive of the panasonic, because it is equipped with one, is there a way to disable the copyright of a dvd to copy it onto the machine, and then insert my blank disc and record it, or am i pretty much strictly stuck to recording from vhs or tv.

7. laxin

laxin Member

actually mine doesn't have the harddrive so never mind about that, but if anyone does know how to get around copyright on dvd's please post

thx

8. jacota20

jacota20 Member

laxin

you CAN burn a dvd from a dvd player to a panasonic dvd recorder hard drive. same goes for vcr tapes. if its not copyrighted.

if its copyrighted and you want to make a backup of a dvd you own, then get the "Sima go dvd". connect your dvd player and your dvd recorder to this device and it overrides copyright protection and region. the only problem you may have, especially with tapes, is if the tape is color coded to prevent copying, then your recorder will record that as well.

after you burn to your panasonic hard drive you can edit it and dub it from hard drive to dvd-r.

richard

9. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

This is good to know but it sounds like a time consuming process so I would recommend burning dvds on your computer. Much easier and faster too.

10. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

You should be able to use a video image stabilizer to copy from DVD to DVD. As mentioned above, that is the long, slow and painful way of doing it. You will lose picture quality, Dolby Digital sound, as well as any menu features that were available. With in PC DVD burners costing under $100 Canadian now, it is definitely a better way to go than spending $40 on an image stabilizer.

11. Nickyct

Nickyct Member

If you have a PC with DVD burner that's the best way to make backup copy of movies. Use DVD decrypter and Burn it with Nero. The way you're doing it you'll only gonna get 2 stereo channel instead of dolby digital 5.1
    Just a suggestion if you have a PC equipped with DVD burner.

12. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Kens got my vote. Good advice !