1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying dvd9 movies to 4.7 dvd+r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TheANUS, Jan 20, 2005.

1. TheANUS

TheANUS Member

This is my first forum ive ever done so if i do dumb things its not my fault. Anyways, i have burned mabey 25 different movies on to dvd+r's and the process has gone fine on the computer. When i put them dvds into the dvd player about 3 of the movies are perfect and the rest are good untill about an hour from the end of the movie when pixles change colors, grow, dissappear, and the sound messes up and then it will get to a point where it pretty much freezes. I have experimented alot and have tried different things. Ive used shrink to get rid of the extras and the subtitles and languages and stuff but my problem keeps happening. can somebody try to help me out with this.

2. will56

will56 Member

I don't have alot of 'direct' experience, but have done extensive googling about that. Ended up at about 8 different sites and about 150 threads. If i were you i would look at the media qaulity you may be using. If you get the problems only on your stand alone DVD (home unit) DVD player you might wan't to go to the manufacturers site, or better yet look that model up online and see what type of media people are having luck with. I have only burned 12 DVD movies thus far but all 12 are flawless and were done with an Emprex DRV1016IM (BTC rebagged) on memorex 8X -R media, plays fine on Sanyo DVD (home) player. You might try some Fuji-TDK or other quality -R media. Many players are better with -R than with +R. Depends on the player you have seemingly. Also you if you have lower quality media you might try burning @ 4X and see how it goes.

From all the research i did is seems that DVD (burned) quality playback has to do mainly with 4 things:

*Quality of the media you use (or compatibility)

*Lowering your burn speed (this may have to do with the burner you have in combination with the speed you are trying to burn at (drive firmware has to do with media compatibility with burn speed to some extent)

*Making sure you have DMA mode on your ATAPI drive and your motherboard chipset drivers loaded correctly as not to impede burn quality/itegrity (EG: IDE channel integrity).

~Try another brand media at a slower speed (try using -R media while your at it).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  3. TheANUS

TheANUS Member

Alright im gunna try that out, but thanks man