1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying DVDs larger than 4.7 Gb

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Home.bond, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Home.bond

Home.bond Member

Hi,

I've used DVD Decrypter to rip about 8Gb worth of DVD-Movie files onto my hard drive.

This all worked fine. The movie plays off my hard drive correctly, minus the CSS and CPPM encyrption.

However, I want to back all this data onto a single disc (DVD+R or DVD+RW), whichever is more appropriate.

Is this possible? I want to avoid spliting the data onto 2 discs, and neither do I want to compress it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. harvey713

harvey713 Member

You might be SOL there buddy. If you lose the previews, trailers, and any other extras, depending on the length of the movie, it just might fit. If it's still too big you have no other choice but compression. I've done We Were Soldiers and Enemy At The Gates, compressed about 20% and they still look great. As for +R or +RW, it depends on whether your player can handle it. I have 2 standalone players. One will play re-writable media and the other will not. Ironically, the $50 Apex will handle just about anything, whereas the more expensive Daewoo can't play any re-writable media. I definitely recommend burning to a re-writable if possible. If it plays successfully then burn to +R.