1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying dvds onto hardrive in one file?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by macarena, Jul 15, 2007.

1. macarena

macarena Member

i recently bought a new laptop and it came with a dvd drive with i am not familiar with at all!!! I wanted to copy some dvds onto it to watch on it and i downloaded a trial dvd copy program, but it copies the dvds onto my hardrive in over 15 different files. I want to be able to just click into my movies and have one file, that is the movie, to open up and watch. Sorry but i dont know a thing when it comes to compters and it even took me weeks to figure out how to just copy the dvds onto hardrive. If anyone could give me info in VERY LAMENS terms, please, on this topic, or how to even burn it would be fantastic. Please, make it easy for me to understand.
    THANKYOU :)
    max

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you have to use Windows Media Player, go to the folder, right click on the file 'VIDO_TS_IFO' and 'Open With..' then select WMP as the player.

I prefer VLC (File > Open Directory then click on the required folder).

If you want to backup your DVD's then you have to use the appropriate software to rip the original (removing the protection) then shrink the files to fit a single layer DVD and burn.
    It's easier to do than to write out.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  3. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Read these Guides. Select which method you want to use. Then Download the Programs. If you have any Problems give the Forum a Shout.

Guides: http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/Guides.htm

If Wanting 1 File I suggest DVD Fab HD in .iso mode. You Don't Really say if you have a dvd burner in your Laptop. If you do Try imgburn to BURN to Disc.