1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying DVDs to my laptop

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jstabe, Jul 1, 2007.

1. jstabe

jstabe Member

Awhile back, I posted a thread asking for help to put movies on my laptop for my daughter to take with her on a trip. Lo and behold, it's nearly that time again and I was hoping for some different suggestions.

As suggested, I use DVD Decrypter to put the movies onto my laptop and then Mediator SE to make them into avi files that are smaller and take up less room. That process works fine, but it takes a long time and the avi files are huge. I have Nero 6 and I was wondering if there's some way to use that instead of Mediator to make files that will work and yet take up less space. My daughter is going to be gone a long time and she wants quite a few movies, but they take up about 1GB of space.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. ptmd

ptmd Guest

hmmmmm.... i would suggest perhaps getting an external harddrive. i have an 80 Gig external that is portable (powered by the USB port) that i picked up for less than $100 - a worthwhile investment in my humble opinion. It fits in the palm of my hand, it's as portable as my jumpdrive, but has much much more room...

If space is the main concern, this is my best recommendation.