1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying from the net to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by luveshak, Feb 6, 2005.

1. luveshak

luveshak Guest

I have recenlty began to download movies from the net using the limewire software. I downloaded a movie in the avi format. I then used cocusoft avo to convert the data to the dvd format. I then tried to use Nero to burn the movie onto the dvd however I can't do it. When I search in the 'shared' folder, nero does not detect any files for burning in that folder. Can anyone help?

2. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Hi Luveshak,
    Give DVDSanta a try.
    HW.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What Nero do you have? if you have Nero 6 Ultra just open up Nerovision Express and click on Make DVD and then click on DVD-Video there you can bring in the AVI files. I uasly can get 2 movies on each disc but most of the files you get off line are 2 files per movie so I load up 4 files which are really only 2 movies and then you can creat and edit a menu and then Nero will convert them to DVD format. Only took me around 2 hours to do this. So try it out. I used to use other programs to convert AVI files to DVD and took forever. Nero was a time saver after I figured it out.

4. luveshak

luveshak Guest

Thanks for your help. I followed your instructions and suceeded in burning a DVD (I still don't know how but I did it). Can you just clarify that I don't need to use any other program other that Nero to convert from AVI format to DVD. Do I have that right?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Technicaly you dont have the right to download the movie off limewire if its copy protected. But most files you get off there sshould be AVI files or DivX. I have come across a few that NeroVision wont suport, but uasly its cause of bad files I get off the net. If you get ones with a zip folder and a cue and bin file after unzipping you xcan use Nero to burn it with. Open up Nero and burn an image and go to that folder and choose the cue file and will burn the image from the bin file. Just a few more directions on how to burn files you might get.