1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying inly the movie in DVD decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mpower611, Feb 16, 2005.

1. mpower611

mpower611 Guest

If i copy only the movie in DVD decrypter and burn it to a disc will it still work? What files do i lose?

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

yes it will,In dvd decrypter click on tools/settings/file mode/select files/main movie/click ok
    What do you lose? just the extra stuff, menu's etc.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  3. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

you lose EVERYTHING but the movie, which is a good thing to me. as long as we are doing DVD9 to DVD5 conversion, the only way to keep the quality is to drop the extras. you can usually achieve 90% compression or better when using this method = almost perfect movie reproduction.

yes it will work if you use shrink to get it on a DVD5, assuming it needs to be shrunk - some movies alone are small enough to go without any compression, but Shrink is what provides you the ability to author/reauthor/encode the files to dvd.

4. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

When using Shrink in Re-author mode, make sure you go to the compression tab on the right to see if you're close to 100%. If not, de-select any language formats you don't need (e.g. 2 channel, 5.1, or DTS). This should improve the compression.

Also after you hit backup, go to the Quality tab and select "Perform Deep Analysis...". This will improve the backup if it is less than 100% compression.