1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying newer factory tapes to DVD recorder.

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by muse2, Aug 19, 2004.

1. muse2

muse2 Member

Hi, I have a Panasonic DMR-E50 dvd recorder which displays "cannot copy" when I try to copy many newer tapes from my collection.I have researched and asked about external units to clear up this problem.The sellers say they will work but I have read that if dvd recorder displays cannot copy instead of making a distorted copy of macro encoded material these external units will work poorly or not at all. Does anyone have any recommendations of a unit that will work for me (if one exists) at a reasonable price and simple to use. I am only backing up video tapes to dvd for personal use (single copy) and understand this to be completely legal. thanks for any help

2. piano632

piano632 Regular member

3. muse2

muse2 Member

Thanks piano 632. Has anyone tried the Sima CT-1 or Sima SCC or VC-1(brand unknown). The SCC sounds reasonable while the other is too expensive.Do ANY of the cheaper units work? I will only be copying video to DVD not DVD to DVD (or video) thanks peter

4. Capt57

Capt57 Guest

I have the SIMA GoDVD! CT-2. It's a bit pricey ($125 at BestBuy), but worth it. I have several commercial VHS tapes I'm transfering to DVD. Tape won't kast anywhere near as long as DVD, so this was the best solution I could find.