1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying non copyright dvd

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by kshdrider, Aug 1, 2012.

1. kshdrider

kshdrider Member

I work for a non profit organization, and we have a training disk and we started out with 4 and now are down to 1. No where do i see on the package or on the disk it self that it is copyright protected. But i also cant just drag it and copy it to another disk. I have been on this site for a few years, and I know many of you are techie (i have gotten great advice!) can you help with this too?
    Thanks

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

if you can't drag the video folder to the hdd then it is copy protected,rip it with dvdshrink 3.2.15 or dvdfab then burn , after which name the burned copy "copy" all the while keeping the original "master" in a safe place & never to be used other than for making backups

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

There is nothing at the link you provided that tells you how to rip a DVD.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammer spammed, post edited.

5. kshdrider

kshdrider Member

Thanks, I thought i just didnt know what i was doing! I used dvd shrink, it has 7 hours left so then could you tell me what to do please! Also will this play on our dvd's that arent special format?
    Thanks for your help

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You need to explain better you also need to read a guide on how to use dvdshrink it's in the guides section,link is at top of webpage in white & 3rd in from left,also when you say play on your dvd's what are you talking about is it a dvd disc or a player

so as far as i see it 7 hours left suggests you are ripping what would appear to be a dual layer disc on a single cpu machine as ripping shouldn't take more than 15mins & that you have not set the size limit nor it's compression which can be reduced if you set it to 4485mb by using custom output size,the best method for speed in your case is to use no compression & split the disc over two single layer dvd's,this can be done by either using dvd fab or if using shrink by using cut end & front frames,again you'll have to read a tut

7. kshdrider

kshdrider Member

Thats what it started out as, it did not take that long at all. I as of right now have a new folder on my computer with audio, and video _ ts on it. according to another place that told me how to use the dvdshrink i think that is right. when i go to use the burner you suggested, it says that my files wont work. If someone would be willing to walk me thru it, or let me send them pictures of what im looking at i would be glad to give or take your info so you could help. I feel really bad about this...
    Thank you so much
    Kelli Jo

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Download IMGBurn, burn the VIDEO_TS folder to DVD using this guide:
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4632

AUDIO_TS is probably empty and you don't need it.