1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying the Simpsons Season 1

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by showan, Oct 20, 2004.

1. showan

showan Regular member

Hello everyone.

I was trying to back up my copy of the Simpsons Season 1. There are 3 disks and each one is larger than 4.3 GB. What I wanted was to try and split each of these dvds onto 2 4.3 GB disks, so instead of having 3 DVDs, I would then have 6 DVDs for my back up. Has anyone tried splitting a dvd that has multiple episodes on it, such as any dvd containing a TV series? I tried to follow this guide http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/ifoedit-2dvdrs.htm but he's talking about a dvd that is just one movie. There are 6 or 7 episodes on 1 of these Simpsons dvds. Can anyone help me out here?? THanks.

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I've successfully backed up all of the Simpsons box sets using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink ... The animated DVDs seem to compress very well without much loss of quality whatsoever ... When I shrank the files, I used 'deep analysis' and even on a larger Tv the copy is virtually identical ...