1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying XBOX games

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Brettsky, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Brettsky

Brettsky Guest

I am quite confused. You guys talk about copying xbox games all the time but i still dont understand. What is everything that i would need if i would copy it. Does it involve networkin my xbox to my pc? I dont kno how to do that and i would like to learn. So if anyone can help i would appreciate it alot on copying and burning xbox games and hooking my xbox up to my pc.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

wassup..

not sure if you posted this after reading some faqs and guides.. but you need this;

-mod chip with bios flashed to it (usually evox or xecutioner)
    -evolution x dashboard (either installed on xbox harddrive or on boot disc, if you run evolution x on a bootdisc only, make sure to get an ejectfix bios so your xbox doesn't reboot everytime you eject the bootdisk..)
    -pc with a network card
    -router or crossover cable to connect pc to xbox

basically, to make backups, you need to retrieve the game files through the xbox by ftping into the xbox.

evolution xdashboard allows you to ftp into the xbox (and many more things)

then once you have the files to your pc, you need to make an xbox image file (.iso) using either isomaker or xiso.

then burn that .iso using nero or record now or any burner software that lets you burn .iso files..

hope that gives ya a start..

peace
    seamonkey420

3. Brettsky

Brettsky Guest

Seamonkley thanks again for ur help. I am learning alot just from what u r teachin me and ur website.

Thanks again.

Brettsky

4. grftr2000

grftr2000 Member

Does anyone known where I can get a Xecutioner pro2 mod chip.

5. wazzabi

wazzabi Member

Hey i was just woundering if the EVOLUTION X
    program works with all chips...

i ahve a Apple-x chip and was woundering if that is a good chip as well...

Also will the games work w/out a boot disc and stuff after using the copying method that seamonkey told us about in his message??

i am a newbie so i need as much info as i can get thanks alot...