1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COPYNG XBOX GAMES TO DVD + R MEDIA HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nino69, Sep 20, 2005.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I was man enough to correct myself after I serched about this.
    Saying a few DVD Burrners change the booktyping automaticly but not very much do.

So most will have to do it threw the burrning program or threw a utility.

As of nero not listing the Booktype change mine does. I never once said the disc would change I said the booktype would change and be listed as DVD-ROM

Also i wanted to say sorry to the newbies if they are getting confused about all this information(arguing) going on here. I just wanted to state for your benifit that you could change the booktyping to help the compatibilty of the DVD+R disc. I also thought it was a little missleading telling you that most DVD burrners do this automaticly when most you have to use a program or a utitlity to do it. I hope this has helped in some way and you get some use out of the information we have given.

[​IMG]

[image]http://webpages.charter.net/larrylje/Nero2.JPG[/image]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You never really admitted that I was right about automatic booktype changes, you just added it into your new post like it was something you believed all along and then turned your argument to whether it shows the new booktype within Nero. I've never disputed the fact that the booktype is changed and is reflected within Nero. You made it sound as if the disc itself would show as a dvdrom. When I had problems with burning dvd+r with my new drive I did some research myself and more than a few drives automatically change the booktype.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Im not going to argue about it anymore. I have been doing this for years and have over 1000 backups done. It isnt my fault you are missleading people, and I never once said that the disc type would change to DVD-ROM. I said the booktype is changed to DVD-ROM which in a way it does change it from DVD+R to DVD-ROM. So say what you want. I dont really care anymore. The fact is if the system they use dont read DVD+R disc then they need to change the booktype to DVD-ROM and very few do that automaticly.

4. filinc

filinc Member

sorry, but larrylje - you are the argumentative one, not only did you start in an argumentative way by saying 'i disagree with that statement' you then followed by making a completely incorrect statement:-

"either you had a program changing it or the burrner just burnt better copies or your media was better. I bet if you took an old backup and looked it would be a DVD+R burn. All you have to do is look at a DVD that your old burrner burnt and open it in Nero and check the disc information and see."

totally wrong. Bohefus was totally right with what he said, and rather than accept that humbly, you arrogantly continued to argue, when you were clearly wrong.

I had exactly the problem that Bohefus had, and am so glad he posted this info, thanks mate... fiL

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@filinc

If you read all the post you would see that I said i did some searching and I found out there are drives out there that change it auromaticly but most dont. I corrected myself. So read all the post before making a statment that I contnued to argue.

What we continued to disagre about was Nero showing the disc being changed. Bofus said:
    and thats false it will show the booktype as DVD-ROM

So next time read all the post before throwing your 2-cents in.

6. filinc

filinc Member

i did read it

and you got his back up and started the argument, when you were wrong

simple as that

next time research things *before* you accuse people of being wrong in an argumentative tone

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Post edited

This isnt worth my time

Even tho me and Bofus disagred about things people still can come away with how to bookmark and make thier DVDs more compatible and make sure that the booktyping worked by looking at the disc info after the burn.

Also this isnt the first thread that people have disagreed or been wrong. All I have to say is next time you post have somthing productive to post to the thread. instead of prolonging a disagrment.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  8. filinc

filinc Member

no, you prolonged it with your bad attitude, and accusations

disagreeing is fine, but it is the manner in which you did so

1. your initial post before Bohefus posted was of no help and no use to the persons problem
    2. you then hypocritically accused Bohefus of being unhelpful to newbies, when it was your 2 first posts that were the ones unhelpful and wrong
    3. he was the one that posted an image showing actually how to change the booktype on nero, in the change drive section

he was of use, your posts werent, get over it

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Get back on topic fellas.