1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copyright error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jtx67, Jan 9, 2005.

1. jtx67

jtx67 Guest

First of all this is one of the most useful websites I've been to, I would like to thank you for taking the time to do this. Now my question. Is there anything I can do to get around the copyright protection error I get on some the movies I burn?

Thanks,
    Jtx67

2. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

If you use the proper programs you shouldnt have any problems. You didnt explain what programs you are using or how you are doing it so its hard to actually help you. Maybe if you could explain in more detail someone can help you out and you won't have any more problems.

3. gfxbss

gfxbss Member

are you burning dvd to dvd?
    because if you wanna copy a vhs to dvd then u need what is called a video buster.... a peice of hardware that will run about 150.....other than that if ur using the rite progs, and using the correctly.... then u should have no problem

4. jtx67

jtx67 Guest

I guess I forgot to mention a few things, sorry.
    I'm using dvd shink 3.2 and I'm copying dvd to dvd r.
    After opening disk I get the copyright protection error during the analysis or mid-way through encoding

5. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

well after opening the disc you usually should get this copyright protection message, its not an error, all you do is click ok, unless you don't live in the US or canada, but you gotta pick your region and then click ok, the process then starts.

Thats the only possible thing I can think of that comes up when using DVD shrink thats anything like you are saying.

Why don't you try it and write down the error message in its exact words and put it here and it might make more sense to someone.

6. jtx67

jtx67 Guest

During the encoding I recieved

dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    failed to read file "E:/"
    copyright protection error-the read failed because the sector is in encrypted

If you hit ok and try to back up anyway the same error pops up.

7. jtx67

jtx67 Guest

Also in the dvd region its checked region free
    If you uncheck it, there are only numbered boxes to choose from

8. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

That doesnt sound right to me, Shrink removes the copyright protection. BTW what dvd is it you are trying to backup? There are few new ones that are causing trouble. And what version of DVD Shrink do you have?

9. RussReef

RussReef Guest

Try ripping the disc with DVD Decrypter:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm

DVDshrink does a good job ripping most discs, but when it can't DVD Decrypter usually can. If you fail to rip with both DVDshrink and Decrypter, then search the forums for the movie you're trying to rip. It's likely others will be having the same problem. There are a couple brand new movies that can't be ripped with either application... and there are "work-arounds" that you'll have to do.

10. gazlilley

gazlilley Guest

put it this way if you want to copy any dvd in the world use any dvd and clone dvd!

11. jtx67

jtx67 Guest

Thanks to all of you for your help. I,m using dvd shrink 3.2. There were a couple of movies I was having trouble with some new some old, Basic,Sopranos season 4 and Enter the dragon to name a few. I also read a little about dvd decrypter and I thought it only saved as mpeg and divx.

12. gfxbss

gfxbss Member

i have done basic, and all of the seasons of the soprano's, no try using dvd decrypter then burning with dvd shrink...if that doesnt work, try ripping it with smart ripper.... i have never used it myself, but i hear it is pretty good....or u could always get a copy of dvd x copy platinum