1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copyright protection error with shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hursty, Dec 31, 2004.

1. hursty

hursty Active member

encoding the film "somethings gotta to give" copyright halted my progress with shrink at 89%.any ideas.
    regards hursty

2. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Use Decrypter on it first. Open Decrypter, click Tools then settings. Reset to defaults before we proceed. Then make the follwoing changes:

1.Under the I/O tab make sure that "Ignore Read Errors" is ticked.

2.Under General, change the "Check for Structure Protection" to "Aggressive". Make sure the "Remove Macrovision Protection" is ticked as well.

3.In the mode tabs of "File, IFO and ISO read" (all of them) check ALL boxes that remove IFO, BUP, VOB and RCE protections.

4.Under "CSS" change the cracking method to "Brute Force ~~> I/O Key Exchange" and make sure that the "Use Key from another file on failure" is set to Yes.

Then simply rip your movie in FILE mode, then open the files with shrink. If Decrypter successfully rips the movie then Shrink will have no problem taking care of the rest. Kudos to Scuba Pete for the settings help. :)

3. geko31980

geko31980 Member

hey Weirdo007, after you set the DVD decrypter to those settings then copy the DVD whats the process of copying from the HD to a DVDR using DVD Shrink???

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanx Geko31980

4. geko31980

geko31980 Member

in addition to my last post this is the error i get when trying to use shink after decrypter...

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Invalid data file "C:\Van_Helsing\video_ts\vts_02_1.vob".

what can i do to fix this problem, have any ideas?