1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~~copyrighted music on ipod to windows media~~~

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by fsugal, Jan 8, 2006.

1. fsugal

fsugal Guest

im not smart in this but is there a way to transfer a copyrighted song (one i have purchased from itunes) to windows media. i get a message from windows media player that reads cannot play this format. can anyone..someone help me :) please??

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2006
  2. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

Dont have an iPod, but tell me what the file extension is its the bit after the file name e.g .exe .jpg etc, or just use a different media player, Real, Winamp etc

3. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

Dont have an iPod, but tell me what the file extension is its the bit after the file name e.g .exe .jpg etc, or just use a different media player, Real, Winamp etc

4. fsugal

fsugal Guest

mpeg4

5. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

6. fsugal

fsugal Guest

thank you!

7. fsugal

fsugal Guest

i downloaded the mpegable and i dont see where i can open the progam. under the start menu i found it under programs, but the submenu only lists license and uninstall. am i suppose to be able to open the program or does it run in the background?

8. Frammis

Frammis Member

You should not have to start the program. When you open Windows media player and select an mp4 it will still give you the message that it is an unrecognized format but will play it anyway. Nice little piece of software.

[Short Rant On] Why don't all these software clowns... Microsoft, Apple, Realmedia... get there act together and make all their formats open source so we don't have to food around converting from one to the other. What a pain. [Rant Off]