1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CopyWare by RedExpress

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by samintx, Sep 4, 2003.

1. samintx

samintx Regular member

Has anyone tried this? searched messages and couldn't find it. Works with NERO 6.

Supposed to put on one DVD disk but so far I have not found any movie it would put on 1 disk!

Would like to hear from others about this software. Still like 321Studio best.

2. dxn1999

dxn1999 Member

I just bought dvd copyware but its not working for me. the support for this is from redxress.com in the UK. they dont seem to be much help. I have copied 8 dvds and none of them will play in my dvd player. the only reply I got from them was to send them the ifos of the movies that didnt work well duh none of them worked so it more of a serious problem than just fine tuneing their software.

3. samintx

samintx Regular member

I think we have wasted our money. I read reviews before buying this software. The reviews must have been written by their mother!
    Would love to hear of anyone else that has had an any experience with this software.

4. babinicz

babinicz Member

I have tried several times (version 2.1). Installed, deinstalled, diffrent setups - no luck. One movie requires 2 disks, but software (CopyWare) does not see my DVD RW drive (Pioneer A03).
    WARNING - IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!
    DO NOT BUY - I think it was produced by SONY just to discourage us from copying DVD...

5. samintx

samintx Regular member

Well, I'm glad someone else confirms my assessment of CopyWare. I'm just going to toss mine and mark it up to experience.

Will stick with 321 Studio. It is great!

6. Zipp

Zipp Guest

I purchased this lemming and as those above mention, it doesn't work. My problem is it doesn't recognize my DVDRom drive but it does see my Sony DRU500.

I guess I'll rip into my PC and swap ide cables and slave master stuff blah blah, but its crapware.

7. iliv2tch

iliv2tch Member

I will add to the discontent with this software. No support either. A $50 lesson is a little hard to swallow.

8. samintx

samintx Regular member

Amen to that, pal.

9. babinicz

babinicz Member

Speaking about support...
    I sent a email to RedXpress
    They advised me to get the updated version from their site. I have tried for hours (they sent me an email that they have technical difficulties...
    Finally I got that and tried to execute the "newest" version. It did open MS DOS windows and nothing else. I will try to make a stop payment on my AmEx card...

Andre

10. dxn1999

dxn1999 Member

I went to the redxpress website and dont see any where to download a newer verison. On their website they say no updates no fixes. I have only got one reply back from many emails sent to them and it was nothing to do with my problem. I have only found one person who said this program worked for them he was posting on dvdhelp.com. He started with the not seeing his burner problem but some how fixed that. Copyware sees my burner Ao6 and makes copies they just dont work on my dvd player. I can play the copies on my computer with windvd player.If they cant fix the problem I will seek my money back through my credit card too. The price for the software isnt much but if it doesnt work they should give refunds. I dont mind paying for software but it has to work. Maybe because they are getting sued they dont think they have to give tech support for their product.I would like to hear from any one who has gotten copyware to work and find out if they player on their home dvd player. I would rather see them fix the problem than get a refund.

11. babinicz

babinicz Member

12. babinicz

babinicz Member

13. dxn1999

dxn1999 Member

I downloaded the beta verison and tried to run it and keep comeing up with errors after it completes the install and I try to run the program.
    error
    wrong HD serial in licence file

missing or invalid lcence
    reinstall to repair

I have uninstalled and reintalled and keep getting the same errors.

it completes the install so how can it say I have the wrong serial in licence file?

anyway copyware still isnt working if I cant even load the beta version.

14. dxn1999

dxn1999 Member

babinicz
    "There is a problem to play ANY burned DVD (R- or R+) on some (many older or very expensive) DVD players. Make sure yours is not one of them."

I have been through the stages of getting the right dvd player and dvd media to work in them. I can use any software program(except copyware} to copy dvds and play them on my home player. Copyware is the only program that doesnt work with my home dvd player. I noticed durning the load of the beta verison they have switched to gear burning drivers. who know maybe that will work if you could get pass the serial number problem.

I do agree with you about having the riight media to work in different players. Right now Im useing the pioneer A06 and useing 4x PIO dvd-r disk. I started with a toshiba sd r5002 but had a hard time finding good 2x media so switched to the pioneer.

It apperas copyware is going through all the growing pains that dvdxcopy went through. I have used dvdxcopy and it works with my burner,media and home player.

15. babinicz

babinicz Member

I have to update my DVD burner on PC. At this moment I'm using Apple's G4 and a Final Cut Pro/iDVD, but I do need good burner on my PC as well. I did use Matrox 2000 before with the Pioneer A03, it never work well, but I think I had much more problems with Matrox then with Pioneer. I had to trou out Matrox software/hardware when I updated my PC and now it is time to upgrade DVD burner. I think I will go for Pioneer A06.
    I'm in a process of getting refund for a CopyWare, I let you know if succesfully...

Andre

16. samintx

samintx Regular member

I gave up on CopyWare so I don't know if it will play in my DVD units but I have not found any homegrown DVDs that won't play in my JVC Combo. Really a great player combo. I have recorded on all brands of disks and all speeds but it will play 'em.

The Magnavox Combo(from Target) is supposed to play everything but I have had problems with it playing video and DVDs on occasion.

17. dxn1999

dxn1999 Member

I tried the beta verison finally got it to load and the result was now my dvd copies dont play on my home dvd player or my computer with windvd. seems the beta is a step backwards. I know its not my dvd player because I can use other software to copy dvds that will work.

18. RonJu99

RonJu99 Member

I also can not make a good backup of a movie video. I tried CopyWare with Nero as burn engine and I downloaded there Beta update that uses Gear as a burning engine an still haven't had any success. I use DVD Shrink to compress and decode and CloneDVD to burn and haven't had any problems making backups of even the newest DVD movies. Today I sent Redexpress the log files of two attempts for them to examine and tell me why there software does't work. I'm using Windows XP Pro with all updates and an Optorite DVD burner. I also have the latest ASPI layers installed.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
  19. RonJu99

RonJu99 Member

Since last post, I've sent Redxpress two log files to try and determine why the software doesn't work on Windows XP. All I got back from them was another Beta download with additional fixes. The last Beta download didn't work and I don't expect this one to either. I think I paid $46.00 to be a Beta tested for Redxpress. I would prefer an RMA but they won't co-operate. Looks like I learned an expensive lesson.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2003
  20. samintx

samintx Regular member

I have been haggling with eCost over a refundon this CopyWare. Gave them the URL to read your comments. Nothing worked till I emailed them the comments and they sent me a RMA number! I have returned my RedExpress Junkware for a refund.