1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel admits: BluRays are not meant to be played on PCs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by spitfire_, May 22, 2009.

1. spitfire_

spitfire_ Member

Nero 8 has ImageDrive? That's great news, so far I haven't upgraded because I thought it wouldn't. Do you know whether Nero 9 has it too, now?

What I tried is ripping the Disc using AnyDVD to HDD-folders and then creating the image from the folders using image burn or ripping it directly to an image using AnyDVD with or without .dvd file. But I haven't producing the image directly from the disc using image burn with AnyDVD running in the background. Is that what you usually do? I'll have to give it a try next time I rent a disc!

Strangely, I couldn't play the disc when AnyDVD was running (said it couldn't find the key, although the key should have been removed by AnyDVD), so maybe this really was a difficult disc (Australia, brand new). And the earlier ones I tried to play with WinDVD, which would never play any BluRay at all, so that doesn't really count.

Btw, this really seems to be a great community here, extraordinarily willing to help! Thank you very much!

Best regards
    - spit

2. byngo

byngo Regular member

Sorry, but now you've stated your renting and ripping I can't help you.

3. markw53

markw53 Member

Being were on the subject of software. Error5 mentioned Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 3 as being perty good media package. Have a minor question? Does the bluray media player have an active screen capture on the control panel? I just bought an LG Bluray Writer that came with Cyberlink software. On the control panel to watch a movie there is a little camera icon to click to take a capture of the screen. On standard DVDs its there and works, but when you watch a bluray movie the camera icon gets over laid with a color control button so no captures. The capture button works great for having material for wallpapers and screensavers, especially when it comes in the form of Jessica Biel. Thanks for your help!

4. spitfire_

spitfire_ Member

I rent 5 discs at once to avoid delivery costs, rip them to my HD (so far I extracted the main mkv-file because image-mounting wouldn't work for me), watch them without time pressure and delete them. I see no crime in that. I don't have a bluray burner nor do I have infinite space on my HD; so it's obvious I don't keep them. There is no damage done to anybody. Which is in contrast to Corel, who got my money for a program which I can't even use!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009