1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel Draw 12 & X3 file problem

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by manerlili, Nov 23, 2015.

1. manerlili

manerlili Newbie

Dear all, i have a file which i have been working for almost a week and a half on and now all of a sudden corel crashed and now when i open this file on 12 it simply crashes and if i try and open it with the X3 it tells me the following " File K:/.......cdr contains an invalid object. Than i have a selection to choose the following ABORT - RETRY - IGNORE ABORT It just aborts the loading and thats it ! RETRY It crashes and Corel ARM laods up, tried selecting continue working but it still crashes IGNORE It crashes and Corel ARM laods up, tried selecting continue working but it still crashes Tried also the import command but still no go. Is there some sort of utility to fix this issue please Thanks for your interest in looking

2. figgirigh

figgirigh Newbie

It is often a memory issue, when working you may not notice that you have sized down to fit some really large bitmaps, in which case they look fine on screen but are eating up lots of RAM. When importing, there is an importing script written by wOxxOm which resamples images at 300 dpi automatically and can thereby PREVENT problems.
    Somethings which may help you open the file if it has not gone entirely corrupt, do not use any desktop wallpaper, it eats memory. Turn off any Terminate and Stay programs you can turn off in your right hand task bar of Windows, eats memory. Allocate DRAW 60% of your available RAM and set up your scratch disks. On a file of many pages and when working with color, it may be necessary to link your bitmaps to have the resources to keep working.

see software cdr.viewertool.com

Put as much RAM in your computer as it can hold or you can afford.