1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel DVD Copy 6 Plus - Problems

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by TB666, Dec 29, 2007.

1. TB666

TB666 Member

OK, I'm running Windows Vista on an HP 9040n and decided on a whim to upgrade my old DVD Copy to Corel's V6 plus. I figured with the iPod and PSP conversion support, plus being able to burn DVD-9's onto 2 single layer DVD-5's, this was a easy, no hassle all-in-one solution.

Install seemed to go fine but the program crashes when I try to run it. Re-installed it with the same results. Checking the Corel website's forum, it seems this version is full of problems with an astoundingly poor level of tech support but at least some people apparantly can run the program. Anyone tried this version of DVD Copy yet and have similar issues?

2. Sohail4u

Sohail4u Member

Yes you are 100% right, I am facing same problem but didi not find any solution yet

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I don't use DVD Copy 6, but a common cause of transcoder crashes are often the result of codec conflicts with other similar applications. It could even be caused by a previous version of the same application. DVD Copy 6 has support for so many applications that a conflict makes sense.

Remove DVD copy 6 and all other transcoders, and make certain that nothing is left behind. This includes removing installs of software such as ffdshow and DiVx. I can't say for certain if any of this will help but a conflict seems likely when crashes occurs.