1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel WinDVD Pro 11 - Pink/Green Video Output?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by daisychopper, Jul 27, 2013.

1. daisychopper

daisychopper Member

Hey all,

I am in the process of converting an old PC to an HTPC and am hitting a snag with this software.

I have a Radeon 5770 with HDMI-out, using the Catalyst drivers, and am trying to do a dual display setup with my Acer monitor (through DVI) as the main display and an LG HDTV (through HDMI) as the extended display.

This setup has worked for me in the past with my old Olevia HDTV. However, trying to use the LG, whenever I move the WinDVD window onto the LG display, the color scheme for the movie playback gets all messed up, becoming mostly greens and pinks.

It works fine on the main display, and if I tell the desktop to replicate instead of extend displays, it works fine on the LG under those circumstances. But if the LG is extended, the color is messed up. And that's only for the video - everything else looks fine, including the WinDVD menus, etc.

The reason I'd prefer to extend displays instead of replicate is simply that the monitor and the TV have different resolutions, and it appears I can't have them set independently if the displays are replicated.

Any insights on what might be causing the trouble would be greatly appreciated.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do you have the monitor & tv setup as 2 displays in "settings" in "display properties"?

3. daisychopper

daisychopper Member

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I do have them set up as 2 displays; usually the monitor is D1 and the TV is D2 but I have tried reversing them.

Since posting, I've discovered a few more things -

First, I was wrong about it working if I have the displays set to 'replicate' - if I do that, the colors are correct and the FBI warning and the menu works, but when I go to play the movie, I get a message that "your display environment does not support protected content playback." If set to 'extend,' I do not get the error message, but the color is wrong if the movie is being displayed on the TV (yet the desktop looks fine), and if the movie is being displayed on the monitor, the color is fine.

Second, if I set up the TV as the only display, i.e. by disconnecting the other monitor, I still get the messed up color scheme. I am wondering if there might be something wrong with the AVR? It just seems strange, since the desktop and even the WinDvD window/toolbar are correct; it's just the movie content that's messed up.

Totally baffled.

Edit: http://imgur.com/a/CwNi0 Pics if you want to see the problem on the TV.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013