1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Correctly burning a cd!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by gare67, May 2, 2003.

1. gare67

gare67 Member

I am using Nero Burning Room ver5. When I try to compile a new cd using the Nero Wizard it only writes the files to the disc but does not record them....WHY? I have several useless disks now and as far as I can tell I am doing everything right, but I must be missing something, probably something simple...I hope! Any hints or tips anyone may have would be greatly appreciated!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

could do with more info on what you are doing?

is it a game? is it a music disc?

are you coping on the fly? cd to cd? or to HD first?

are you just writing basic files and are you FINALIZING the disc? the lead in and out!

have you burnt before or not? is it your first try?

let me know and we can go from there!

3. gare67

gare67 Member

I am using the Nero Burning Room to compile new music cd's. I downloaded alot of songs from the "WinMx" site. I downloaded 20 MP3's and using the Nero Wizard compiled a new cd, when supposedly completed, the newly composed cd had no music on them just the written files...no music at all...yet it had a message afterward saying "Burning Successful".I hope that gives you some of the info that you wanted Rotary and thank-you for responding!

Gare67

4. Noonoo

Noonoo Member

Sounds like you just wrote a ISO cd rather than a music cd.

Where the files converted to a wav format ??

Can you read the cd in your drive and play the music from it ??

I found with Nero you are better of converting the files with another program before you burn with Nero. Musicmatch Jukebox is quite good

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

No [bold] need [/bold] to convert the downloaded mp3's to wave as Nero does this for you by default. Converting an mp3 to wave is "transcoding" is decreases the audio quality. The audio files were already "transcoded" when converted to mp3 format originally m8.

Shoey :)

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yep it seems like a setting somewhere? i tend to stay away from WIZARDS!! as it doesnt always show you wants happening to yuor stuff!

but basically like SHOEY says just drag and drop them suckers into nero window! and it automatically converts to .CDA and bobs your uncle!

try that and dont convert anything!

let us know how it goes!

7. minix

minix Member

And why don't you use another burning software to see whether it's a hardware problem or a Nero problem?

Feurio is a much more reliable softare, that checks the MP3 files looking for defective frames (unlike Nero). It only makes audio CDs so you can't get it wrong, you don't have to remember to select DAO, or 0 seconds pauses.
    Anyway, I suspect you're recording an ISO data CD if there are files in that CD, as Noonoo said.
    What's your burner?

8. eholey

eholey Member

What do I do if I ant to keep the MP3 format?
    sorry I am a baby at this.

I choose ISO format in Nero, drag & drop my mp3's, tell that sucker to write. When I remove the disc there is beautiful writing on it, BUT when I explore the disc or try to play the disc it's BLANK!!!&#*%$&^%*$ What the heck? Please help - I want to stab myself

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

sorry!

read you wrong POST DELETED!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID [Bios 1011]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    DX9/CAT-3.1 VIA 4in1 Hyperion v445]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 512meg[/small]

Last edited: May 23, 2003