1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrupt 3gp fix?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by totoro86, Sep 9, 2010.

1. totoro86

totoro86 Member

I recorded a video of a important meeting/conference which was about 30 minutes long. But after i had recorded it, and when i went to check back it wasn't playable by my phone (HTC Desire) and isn't playable on my computer. I am assuming the files is corrupt, and i can play all other files as i have pretty much most codecs installed and it doesn't work on VLC either. Other 3gp files do work. The video will not convert with total video converter.
    As this is an important video, I'm willing to go through alot to sort it out if i can.
    Done lots with videos and such in the past so should be able to help out if you could.
    I can provide any information, such and MediaInfo and such.
    Thank you so much if you can help!

2. davexnet

davexnet Active member

3. totoro86

totoro86 Member

Thanks!
    Have tried all of the pc apps with no luck.
    Have already tried stellar but will try Treasured as it looks promising.
    Thanks Dave, i'll post back with results.

4. HoochIsCrazy

HoochIsCrazy Member

The same has happened to me, but no recovery software has helped. I recorded my kids at their first spelling bee on my nexus one, but while I was watching the video on my phone, I accidently deleted it, and somehow corrupted the file. Now it just shows as a file that is in 3gp format but is only at 0kb and unplayable. Please help, this is one video I really need to get out of the dog house! Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010