1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrupt Mpg Movie

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Vishpool, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Vishpool

Vishpool Guest

Hi,
    I downloaded a .mpg movie (SVCD), but having some problems playing and burning it.
    The problem, i think, is that I resumed the download from abt 5 diff ppl and somehow, from somenoe, it got corrupt (Resume option from Dalnet = same file names).
    When i try to play it, it plays just fine for abt 15 mins, then the last 2/3 of the movie freezes. I kno this means that the movie is corrupted in some manner...missing bytes...missing flow...or incorrect flow...or corrupt blocks or frames.
    But, when i try fwd to later parts of the movie, it plays well and freezes again (Guessing more than 1 point of corruption). I tried splitting the file with TMPGenc but crashes whenever i try to select the parts. I tried multiplexing it (svcd to vcd), but does only 260 mb and says 'completed' (whole file = 700 mb). I tried demuxing it...but only works till the 260mb point. So, I am guessing the movie is corrupted from abt the 260mb point. Did anyone have this prob and have a fix to it? OR does anyone kno of a program that will do this? Or any ideas at all? Plz help. Thanking you in advance.

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Vishpool, please follow the forum rules and do not cross-post your question to multiple forums.

3. Vishpool

Vishpool Guest

Sorry about that. Please help me though!! Plz
    Thank you.