1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

corrupted digital files

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by gandydanc, May 8, 2010.

1. gandydanc

gandydanc Member

I need a lot of help. I took movies of my daughters wedding and the chip I used corrupted. I am using a Canon sx20is digital slr with a 32gb sdhc chip bought from ebay.I have gotten a lot of pics off but the wedding movies before the wedding and during the wedding are lost. All the pics after the wedding were fine. I have had 2 different people try 5 different recovery programs with no luck. On the still pics I get the error message jpeg marker error and on the movies I get the error importer reported memory errors and importer reported a generic error. My software program is adobe elements 8 and adobe premiere elements 8. Is it possible to recover these pics and movies? This camera takes better movies than my camcorder and I have movies from this camera that are great. Thank you gandydanc

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. crashdiet

crashdiet Member

I've actually seen this happen before on the exact same type of canon camera. There are several types of recovery software out there. Just do a google search for them, as there's plenty of types. Often you can get a trial version to scan your SD memory card (attached to your computer) and then if it shows the pictures you have to purchase a license and it'll recover it. To my knowledge, there's no easy, free way. But $20-$40 may be a reasonable price to pay to recover your pictures