1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrupted nvc file

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Aradiel, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Aradiel

Aradiel Member

I was using Nero Vision (from the Nero 10 suite) to create a video and had got to around the 25 minute mark in the video when the program crashed.

Nero detected the crash and offered me the chance to save my data, so I chose to.
    But while doing the save Nero suffered an even more catastrophic crash.
    Now, when I try to open the nvc file it tells me that the file cannot be opened because it is corrupt.

I contacted Nero support, but only got a generic response back, which I in turn responded to. I have had no further contact from them.

Does anyone know how the format works or how to fix the file so that I haven't lost all of my work?

2. phantom42

phantom42 Member

Aradiel,

I'm in the same boat. I found a fair amount of discussion on support.nero.com. The consensus seems to be that when Vision becomes unstable saving your work is likely to result in a corrupt session file. The only solution talked about is to frequently save backup copies of your session file, so when it does become corrupt you can revert to an earlier version: no help at the moment.

If you google "corrupt .nvc" you'll find links to businesses which claim to be able to recover corrupt session files. I have no clue whether any of them actually work. Wish I could offer more help.

Stevo