1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could any one explain game downloads or point me in the right way

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by nevwst, Jul 30, 2006.

1. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

hiya

i tried down loading a game that i own of limewire but i've had no luck please could some one explain what i should be doing and what files i should be downloading i tried downloading an iso file then using Qwix to upload the iso file to my xbox but no luck and help would be great

2. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

If you're using Quix you have to have Avaluanch running on your Xbox or else it won't work.

3. casper007

casper007 Guest

Get your games from Http://bitComet.com, this is a torrent site and gives you detailed info on the games your downloading, also try updating the Avalaunch on your xbox so as to be able to FTP games via Quix.

4. casper007

casper007 Guest

Sorry that link was poor try this HTTP://www.bitcomet.com

5. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

was using avalunch will have a look at them sites thanks

6. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

when downloading a game does it need to be an .iso file or is there another file type that you can download like .rar or .exe or .zip and then convert them some how????

7. casper007

casper007 Guest

rar or zip files wont need converting only extracting using winrar. the iso will normally be in the extract. :)

8. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

ok now i'm confused or i'm just plain dumb i copied my halo game onto my xbox then created an iso using qwix and saved the game onto my pc i was just tring to stress a point ........ok then deleted it from my xbox and thenuploaded the iso-image back to my xbox and was able to play the game just an experiment which needed to be done to put my mind at ease ..............ok the prob now is i downloaded XBOX resident evil 4 iso image and tried transfering that to my xbox and got no joy when i tried to load it using Qwix i got an Error message ....: Identifier not found! possible currupt the size of the game was like 616 Mb and my halo is like 2.93 Gb WHAT AM I DOING WRONG !?

9. casper007

casper007 Guest

The sound of that file is very small for such a good game. where did u get it from?? try looking at the size of the file befor you go for the next one cos i reckon thats way to small and may well be a corrupt file.

10. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

well i was tring to download bitcomet and for some reason i couldn't do i just download the program and then use that as a p2p client cos i'm lossing hope here

11. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Resident Evil 4 isn't on Xbox... only GameCube and PS2.

Also, there are many games around 600 MBs and less. Fusion Frenzy and Alien Hominid are good examples of this.

On a side note, I've heard the newest version of BitComet wasn't that great, so try out utorrent (micro torrent) or BitLord if you like.

12. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

ok..? didn't know that got bitcomet and the truth have no idea how to use it tried searching and all i get is page can not be found .................? will try that other site thanks

13. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Once you have a Bittorrent client installed (BitComet, utorrent, and BitLord are all Bittorrent clients), just go on mininova.org for torrents.

14. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

ok i downloaded bitcomet and installed it when i go to mininova and try to open it it just says page can not be desplayed as if i dont have a internet conection......?

then at the bottom of bitcomet .........it says DHT not connected
    are my settings wrong cos i'm tring every thing .............well i think every thing

15. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Use your normal Internet browser (IE, Firefox, Opera, etc) to go to mininova.org

Not sure what that DHT message is. I still use an older version since I haven't had any problems with it.

16. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

HIYA ........no luck ok went to the torent site mininova.org downloaded the halo torrent and tried to now open the file in bitcomet and didn't start to download ..................i need loads of help Please mate

17. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Well, just went on BitComet website. Seems as though DHT is for trackerless torrents, so don't worry about that not being connected.

Try doing it this way.

When the download dialog comes up, instead of selecting save, just pick "Open with..." and select BitComet. Tell me what happens when you try it that way instead.

18. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

it doesnt download in the box below it just says :Can't Conncet Tracker and nothing happening ...........?

19. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

using torrents ...? is that the only way to download an xbox game ...........? cos for some unknown reason its not working for me i've read the guide here in afterdawn for bitcomet and all but doing every thing right ........? well i think but still no responce

well under Trackers - Status it just says: Can't Conncet Tracker (11004),Waiting 60's to retry...... is that what it should be doing is it working for you ..? ok i.m going to try and down load a certain game and see if you are able to do it please .......went to mininova searched for (halo) and downloading this file [bold]15 Jul 2006, 00:29 Games Halo Combat Evolved XBOX 3.18 GB 2 4 [/bold ]will post my results...........thanks for all the help so far

20. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

well it showing no connecting spead noting no movement at all