1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could any one explain game downloads or point me in the right way

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by nevwst, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Try a different client then. I had heard the newest version of BitComet didn't quite right.

Another good one to try is Azureus.

Also, make sure you aren't trying to get it from a private tracker and that there are lots of seeds and a moderate amount of leechers on the torrent. If there are less than ten of either of them, don't ever bother.

2. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

ok i'll try that and see how it goes thanks

3. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

ok was having problems .....nothing new but i decided to rty an older version ...........and when my firewell was coming up i was just clicking ok and not really reading the cammand it was offering then i decided to change the option to allow downloads is that what was stoping me to download ..............? still not sure if i'm doing it correct will keep you posted but thanks for the help so far

4. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

You might want to just go into your firewall settings and have it let BitComet do whatever it wants.

In ZoneAlarm, all you'd have to do is set trust level to super under the program control tab.

5. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

well i got norton but it needs to be renewed and not prepared to pay for the renewal version so i'll be changing to McAfee ver 7.0 will try that in bitcommet thanks is ZoneAlarm any good...?

6. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

ZoneAlarm is good, but it's a pain to use if you don't know what you're doing, and what you should answer when it asks you questions.

7. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

hiya

firstly thanks for all the help and surport think i'll stay with McAfee i got enough problems....!..........?

ok downloaded a game and tried to ftp to my xbox using Qwix and running avalunch maybe cos my versions are old i don't know ...........? HOLD THE PHONE ........then i tried burning it with dvd-decrypter and some error message came up ....something about the sound....? just clicked ignore and then proceded and now the game works fine ......well so far lol lol

well to be fair the file was alredy an iso-image .........the other game there's just a bunch of .rar files, is the iso file hiding in there .....?

thanks again mate

8. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

HIYA Venom5880

Found out how to extract the iso from the .rar file burnt it using dvd decrypter and the game plays fine ............thanks again for al the help mate

9. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Good to know you were about to figure it out.

I've been having stomach problems the past couple days so I haven't been frequenting Afterdawn like I normally do.