1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

could someone help me with a DLL problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by sudeki300, Apr 8, 2007.

1. sudeki300

sudeki300 Member

sorry if this isn't the right place for this question but i didn't know where else to post this on this forum.every time i turn on or reboot my laptop i get this message.

"the system DLL user.dll was relocated in memory.the application will not run properly.the relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for windows system DLLs.the vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."

can someone explain what to do i have already done a systen restore and the problem is still there.do i have to take the laptop back to the shop where i bought it from.it's not even a years old yet, or can i sort it out myself.thanks alot............sudeki300

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i can't tell you offhand what that dll is related to, but i can say that if you have recovery discs for your laptop and kept your data backed up, a full re-installation of windows via those discs would probably be a good solution.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2007
  4. sudeki300

sudeki300 Member

thanks for the reply's.i found that it was to do with the update from ms (as said in previous post),i got a hotfix from the ms website. and now every thing is working ok. if there is no need for this post anymore then please close it down or lock it.thanks alot.............sudeki300