1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could someone please tell me what cable connection cord I need...

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by JDubG, Sep 30, 2004.

1. JDubG

JDubG Member

Hey everyone,

I have this 600x DIGITAL ZOOM SVHSC Super VHS video camera from JVC. Here is a link to what mines looks like: http://www.datavis.com/webapp/comme...splay?prrfnbr=437405&prmenbr=2000&Tmstmp=5601

I would like to know if someone could tell me what connection cables I need to put import my video to the computer. If someone could provide a link to where I could buy one I would appreciate it very much!

I got this camera, but it did not come with any connection cables for the computer. Thanks again if you can help!

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Heres the blurb from JVC supPort:

Can I connect my VHS-C or S-VHS-C camera to my computer?
    Since VHSC camcorders feature only analog outputs: it is not possible to connect the camcorder directly to a PC (unless a computer video card is equipped with analog inputs). The only way to transfer images from the camcorder to a PC will be using an external device capable of analog/digital signal conversion. JVC has released a capture device model, GV-CB3U which has the capability of video capture of a single frame in either Bitmap or JPEG format. The GV-CB3 can be connected to any video source through a standard video or S-Video connector and download single image to a PC using serial port (RS232C communication port). The JLIP Video Capture software necessary to transfer images to the computer as well as connecting cables are supplied with this product. You can also use 3rd party hardware (Video Capturing device) to send information from your camera to a PC. Visit your local PC or Office store for more information on other video capturing devices.

Hope this helps...
    Frank