1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

could u hack a bandwith?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by xsky, Aug 5, 2007.

1. xsky

xsky Member

hye there...

i'm living in a campus and my campus provide wireless internet connection for the residents..

but recently, the connection was always limited and no connectivity. But the problems here is tht it only happens in the block that i;m currently living but not in other blocks...

so my questions are :-

1- is it possible for students here to hack the bandwith (eg. increasing their block bandwith by stealing others?)
    2- if this thing really happens are there any ways that we could do to counter it?
    3- or are there any possibilities for the limited and no connectivity that my block has experienced for this few weeks?
    4- if the block has a high rate of download rate...is it possible to be one of the causes that make our wireless connection went down?

your answers are really2 appreciated.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

if you're having these issues, you need to take it to your school's tech department. this is a screwup they need to fix.

3. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Sounds to me like maybe a network infrastructure issue, like a damaged cable or malfunctioning router. Like Auslander said, alert the tech dept.

4. xsky

xsky Member

owh..

thanks a lot...if it's about the infrastructure bout the net so ok then...

just wondering cause my senior claims that it was those malicious user that actually doing the hacking in order to gain faster and bigger bandwidh for download..

thanks again :)