1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

could using cheaper cds( bulkpag) have worn my write laser out?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by alifreddy, Feb 19, 2005.

1. alifreddy

alifreddy Guest

I have a pioneer pdr555rw. I've had it from new with fairly heavy usage. I noticed last week copying from cd to cd. I had finalised all the copies I had made. then when I put them in a normal cd player they would not register as a cd. I tried to finalise them again + it said check disc.
    Then when trying to record analogue from dj decks into cd recorder it would set up + said check disc???
    Its setting up to record ok now + red light comes on + it seems to be recording but when you press stop its gives error messege 'check ' or ' repair '
    I'm waiting for some tdks to see if its just a disc problem or what. I've bought another model off e bay for £88 ( hardly used ) whatever that means

2. KonkedOut

KonkedOut Guest

Hi,

I think it's probably just the disks, as i had the same prob wi cheap blank disks! saying that I don't know the condition of your cd rw without having seen it, but seems you've got all angles covered with having bought a new(ish) rw and better quality disks! you could also try different software perhaps, though thats a matter of choice!

hope you get it sorted.

3. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

ive used durabrand alot before- they only cost about $5 for 50- they work fine if burned at slow speeds (8x) but not as well at faster speeds- also some old cd players (like my girlfriends old stereo -circa 1992) cant read them or it will read them and skip alot.