1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

counter strike source help fast please

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by 3085, Jul 21, 2006.

1. 3085

3085 Regular member

I just got a new computer today and counter strike source is the first thing I put on it and it works fine on small levels like iceworld but on regular levels it lags like crazy does anyone know what I can do to fix this? THANKS!

2. SameeMan

SameeMan Member

Maybe you need to upgrade your RAM.
    If you could you post the specs of your new PC we can get a better idea.

3. Xan21

Xan21 Regular member

maby turn the grapics down a bit.

4. 3085

3085 Regular member

i dont know anything so how do I turn the graphics down someone told me I would have to get a motherboard and a video card so I just started playin cs 1.6 but ill try and turn the graphics down and see if that works

5. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Whoa whoa whoa.Turn the gfx down?No!

If anything he should turn the gfx up(overclock).What xan21 was reffering to was the "in game" graphics options.You can access these by clicking options with in the game and going to the graphics options.

Also you can do it manually outside of the game by clicking start>control panel>display>now click the settings tab and click advanced.There you can tweek the options for your gfx.If you don't understand what the options mean just post it and I'll tell you.

What's your specs 3085?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006
  6. 3085

3085 Regular member

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 630 w/HT Technology (3.0GHz,800FSB), Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

7. wazid360

wazid360 Guest

if i get banned from counter strike will i ever be able to play again?

8. 3085

3085 Regular member

i dont think so but i dont know a few years ago my friend got banned for like 8 years but now I think you get banned permanently thats what it says anyways

9. wazid360

wazid360 Guest

good to know, now ill definetly make sure to read the rules

10. Dlux427

Dlux427 Regular member

well it could be tons of things.....first of all....maybe you need a better graphics card?!? for that go to www.tigerdirect.com or www.newegg.com i suggest like a 256mb at least. It could very well also be your ram. how much of that do you have? you need like at least 512 and that sometimes still wont do the job..i suggest about 1gb. its definately not your processor. just a few things....hope they help.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  11. 3085

3085 Regular member

ok thx

12. josh99

josh99 Regular member

yes its true css lag as h*ll thats right on my 2nd pc (3 GHz, 248 of ram widows xp) but saddly theres not a good graphic card)
    but on my 1st pc it works defenetly good ( 2.69 GHz , 512MB of RAM, windows xp profssionel Nvidia GeForce 4 MMX 440) it works really good
    but make sure when you play online, if you need less laggin servers, make sure youre playing servers near to your location and your country, cause if youre in canada and you joined a server in australia well its gonna be laggy! ya and one more thing go to settings and select recommended options by the game ( there will be a * near your recommended option) for ex: you see the graphic settings : High, Medium*, Low << there a * on medium that means its more recommended.