1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

couple of problems (m3 & sdcard, & ultramediacard)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by spyrotek, Nov 30, 2007.

1. spyrotek

spyrotek Member

Hi guys, wondering if i could get a little insight on a couple of problems i'm having,

first, is with a new 4gb toshiba mini sd card, had no problems before with my m3 (m3 mini, maxmedia launcher, ds lite), have a 1gb card and it works great, never had a problem, but the upgraded card i bought just doesn't want to play at all. I loaded the updated OS no problem, and dropped a few .nds's on it, converted them with the game manager like usual, the ds recognises everything and it seems to run ok until i try to load a game, little flashy glitch and sticks, tried a load of roms, same with everything, the core works great, until you hit the 'a' button to play something (images & music works ok through moonshell), driving me nuts
    (formatted in fat32 a couple of times, reloaded the updagcsd.e35, tried copying over savegames & folders manually, and through gamemanager), any help on this would be much appreciated...

-------

second is, ultra media card/ultra passkey, can't get that thing to work at all (bought it for my wife's ds), again, seem to be doing everything right, followed the guides on ndsgba.net etc, but nothing, shell works ok, little bit clunky as you have to insert the mmc/sd card after you've turned it on and got the message that it can't find a card, before it works, but it recognises the sd and contents, same prob, hit 'a' and it freezes (white/blackscreen), or, it say's burning to card and you have to wait an age for it to go through the size of the file, not so hopeful of getting help on this one as it's not a really popular card

cheers in advance, cos i seem to be wasting an awful lot of cash here

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The MiniSD you have is SDHC, the M3 only supports SDHC for multimedia (music, video etc.), it cannot load any games or go into GBA mode.

Never used or even read up on the ultra card thing so no idea about how it works, but if it is the same 4GB card then it could be for the same reason - it doesn't support SDHC.

3. spyrotek

spyrotek Member

Ahh, that'll explain it, thanks loads, was a recent impulse buy, couldnt' find any info on cards supported (only that it has great compatibiliy rating) so just assumed it'd work, excellent, will replace for a non HC.

the Ultra media one, i've tried a 1gb mmc, and my working 1gb minisd, and a 4gb sd in it, nothing doing there, confuses the hell out of me that one...

thanks again

4. spyrotek

spyrotek Member

another quick question (incase you pop back in here) does the m3simply support sdhc? (got one coming in the post, be handy to know)

i know, becoming a pain in the arse ;)

5. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

The M3 DS Simply does not support SDHC. (M3 DS Real does but not the Simply)