1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couple of Starview Questions?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Kart0, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Kart0

Kart0 Member

Hi All,

Had my box now for a few days and was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions for me? (I never got a manual with mine).

1 - Some of the channles; primarily movie channels have this stupid commentary on them I cant seem to get rid of? It basically tells you what each charachter is doing all the time! Anyway of knocking this off?

2 - I have a 16:9 tv but when set it to 16:9 a lot of the chanels then appear squished as if in 4:3? These are channels such as ITV which I know for a fact are broadcast in 16:9, any ideas?

3 - I have soughted the channels into my preffered order now and in doing so noticed a few channels missing, if I rescan will i have to re organise all my channels?

Any advice is much appreciated.

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Set the Starview to output in 16:9

Look for a setting to switch Audio Commentary off in the menus

3. Kart0

Kart0 Member

Hi mate,

Only have the problem with squished channels when I set it to 16:9? If change to 4:3 I dont get it. Cheers will try that ref commentary.

4. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

I know what you mean, a lot of the channels are not in 16:9 all the time and most channels are letterboxed 4:3. I had to set my DBox to Automatic or i couldn't get $KY Cinema in widescreen. I'm not sure if the Starview has that option.

5. gilbert06

gilbert06 Member

hi there should be and audio button on your remote if you push that when you have a commentry it will come up with two audio choices on has the commentry the other dontjust chage it when it come on