1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

covers and labels

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by paulsy, Jan 12, 2005.

1. paulsy

paulsy Member

does anyione know any good label maker software,i had a look about but most of them seem to contain alot of adware etc..any suggestions

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Don't put labels on yours discs', it buggers' them up.

regards gringle.

3. lauzzie

lauzzie Guest

Hi Gringle. Could you please tell me why you should not put labels on the cds. I thought that the disks are only read from underneath. I do have a few problems with disks skipping but I never thought it could be because of labels. Thanks

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Apparently over a short period of time, the labels cause an imbalance/warp on the disc causing skipping among other problems!
    Some folk in here are tearing their hair out trying to remove the labels from hundreds of discs'

All sorts of theories why? Some claim heat dissipation cause's the imbalance, whatever, they bugger the discs' up

regards and good luck

gringle

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2005
  5. EsirnuS

EsirnuS Guest

I agree with gringle

stay away from sticker labels
    i use white top CD-Rs and regular DVD-r's and produce covers in MS Publisher instead.

I set up a basic cd or dvd case sized template and the rest is real easy. Publisher is an alright DTP prog but there are others if you wanna investigate.

Es

6. Hotdog59

Hotdog59 Guest

Nero Cover Designer dose the biz for me.

Used to print onto stickeys but now got me a Epson R200. Have setup a User Defined Paper Stock so I can print onto the CD/DVD with this app.

7. paulsy

paulsy Member

ok got the message about sticky labels but what about covers any good downloads for them.

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

9. paulsy

paulsy Member

hi jerry.i know were to get the covers from but its the software thingy that i am looking for tried xpressit but as i said i don'nt want to be getting bogged down with adware if you know what i mean..

10. paulsy

paulsy Member

see what you are talking about i'll give it a whirl

11. Rosco404

Rosco404 Guest

You could try http://www.coverxp.com , there aint no Adaware that is installed to your PC (from what i know of) it will however show a small banner ad within the app but thats ok : )

edit.

Just had a look at the web site and the FREE version contains banners (this is not adaware that is installed on your PC), then if ypu go for the paid pro version it just removes the banners.

Hope that helps : )

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2005
  12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  13. Rosco404

Rosco404 Guest

Nice one Jerry! Never knew about that one, seems good!

14. bklyn1028

bklyn1028 Regular member

I just got the epson r320 (the 200 was out of stock), but i like the media card thingy..it's neat, anyway....at the cd printing part, when i hit "open" or import, it wouldn't let me import anything i downloaded from the net, then i scanned my orig disk, and did a copy, but when i printed it, the print started in the middle of the disk. No proplem using "daprogger" site, (which is a great site)...anyone else having probs?

15. clm

clm Member

I use MediaFACE for making covers - it is simple and the covers look great when I am done.
    As for labels - I use Neato core labels and have never had a problem with them. These labels can be used with MediaFACE.
    I had tried full labels and didnt like them due to them throwing some of the disk off balanced in some players.

16. Roswell23

Roswell23 Member

17. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

When I clicked to copy the link it was a short one something like you listed. I got the big one full of all the extra junk instead. Guess you can't always win.

Jerry