1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coverting avi to mpeg - but no sound , just picture

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by welshyyyy, Oct 5, 2004.

1. welshyyyy

welshyyyy Member

i'm converting some avi films to mpeg so that i can cut them to dvd - ive tried a few with TMPGEnc - and after waiting for hours to convert , the picture is there but no sound - i've tried it on 3 large 700mb files and they are all the same - i then tried it on a small file of 3mb and that converted okay with sound aswell as pic - any idea whats going wrong ??

2. cuppatea

cuppatea Member

I not sure but if I remember correctly from another forum www.flipforum.com usually sound is not converted with your pictures you have to install when you burn to DVD. If you do not get an answer go to the forum I listed, look for Flip Album Assistance (How Do I ?) and go to the 23 message down "conversion for AVI without music. If this doesn't help jump in and add you message to the string. I posted a message in a string on this forum Oct 3 with no answer yet. This is a big forum though. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004
  3. LinCathy

LinCathy Member

hi, maybe you can try WinAVI Video Converter which can convert video files with stunny video and audio quality, and the converting speed is very fast too.
    By the way, you can get this software from http://www.winavi.com

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004