1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coverting "Fullscreen to Widescreen"

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Gottawin, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Gottawin

Gottawin Regular member

I was wondering if there was a program that would covert fullscreen dvd files into widescreen. Thanx in advance, Gotta. . ..

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You're talking about cropping a 4:3 screen picture to 16:9? I doubt it.

3. Gottawin

Gottawin Regular member

Yes, I thought that there my have been a authoring/editing software for this type of App.. And there should one if there isn't, That's what I think... Gotta

4. Gottawin

Gottawin Regular member

Is anyone out there today....

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I use DVD Rebuilder and CCE basic to do what you want. RB is free and CCE costs 58.00. Before you say no way,LOL, it is also the best combo on the market today for DVD quality on backing up DVD's. I have used over 50% compression with no editng(there's no need for it) and the copy is indistinguishable from the original.

Read this forum's threads on it and you'll see what I mean. Any and everybody that has used it swears by it. Once set up it is a one click operation, hit transcode, that's it. Burn, when done.

Did i mention it will convert fullscreen to widescreen :>)

6. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It depends on whether you're talking about letterboxed fullscreen or actual fullscreen. If it's letterboxed you can indeed use DVD-RB. Technically you could use that for actual fullscreen as well, but you'd lose the top and bottom of the picture (60 pixels from each for NTSC). For some movies that actually wouldn't be a problem, but for the vast majority it would look terrible.

7. 1433z

1433z Guest

Hi to all in this forum

Just joined this forum, I was sent here by a friend trying to help, my problem or
    what I wish to do, is the exact opposite of this thread. I have DVD’s, which contain those wide screen bars and wish to convert the entire movie to full screen!

I know that the purest in the group will say that the wide screen is the way that the movie was produced and met to be seen but I counter that by saying that they remind me of the old TV days when your picture tube was going bad! Those bars on the top and bottom of the screen began to inch their way closer together until there was no picture! Why would you go out and buying a 36 or 46 inch screen TV and then only see 75% of the picture? In any event, does anyone know of a program which can help?

1433z

8. henryting

henryting Regular member

I think the software dvdxcopy xpress has the option for you to choose whether you like to have wide screen or full screen if I was not wrong.

9. sgazza

sgazza Guest

Yes XCopy Express definitely offers the option for full or widescreen.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2004