1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU died?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by neojapan, Jan 30, 2007.

1. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

ok I received my new motherboard from newegg(2nd RMA)but, my computer still won't post if the cpu died will it do that or could it still post even if the cpu was dead

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Did you use the same CPU that you used in the two RMA's? Is the CPU matched for the motherboard? Is your RAM good? Is your video card good? Is your power supply good/adequate?

Not much info provided.

3. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

the system was working before it just started acting up(random freezes then would not post)
    the specs are
    amd x2 4200+,2gb ram,asus a8n32-sli deluxe,xfx 6800 pci-e,500w antec psu,I tried different ram,graphics card,psu,and nothing,it would not post,I ordered another cpu from newegg(only because I can return it)so hopefully I get it tomorrow

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I have the same motherboard with the x2 4600+ in it. I have 2GB of Corsair RAM in mine, an Antec 550w PSU, and an EVGA 7900 GT pci-e video card. I don't see what could be happening in yours that would cause your problem. I don't know what to suggest.

5. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

hey GrandpaBW I just ordered that cpu from newegg,is it a good investment?