1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cpu fan fail or to slow

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by crazy4u2, Feb 13, 2008.

1. crazy4u2

crazy4u2 Member

cpu fan fail or to slow. this is the message my pc reads when i switch it on,can anyone tell me if this is a serious problem and should i get it seen to,my pc is only a year oldi i would really appreciate it if someone can give me some advice as i am only new to computers and my pc is very slow sometimes when pages are changeing,its a targa 64amd

2. dsgtrain

dsgtrain Regular member

The problem can be serious, but the cure could be very simple. The first bit of advice I could give you would be to open up your case and check to see if the fan is spinning and if the plug is in correctly. Try cleaning any dust off the fan and make sure it's not jammed with anything. If there is nothing visibly wrong with te fan and it is refusing to work then I would suggest replacing the whole Heatsink or just the fan (if it can easily be removed).

Dave!
    EDIT: Another thing you could do is go into your BIOS and make sure there is no setting enabled that will slow down the fan, there could be an issue with this function.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008