1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Cracked" Windows problems

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ahiah9, Oct 11, 2007.

1. ahiah9

ahiah9 Regular member

First off, let me explain that I DO own my Windows. I bought a Dell, and it came on a disk with that.

I recently purchased a new, larger HDD. When I installed windows xp home, it told me to call Microsoft to activate Windows. I hate, hate hate calling them. So, I ran one of those cracks you get that "activate" it for you. Well, all was well & good until I tried to boot into safe mode. I'm told that Windows was not activated properly, and that I could not log into the admin account.
    The help I need is: I want to remove the crack (which is why I tried to log into safe mode to begin with)without reformatting. This has turned out to be more of a hassle than MS Tech support (never thought I'd say that), and I want to activate Windows properly. I'm a little frustrated right now, but can provide any other information you need. Thank You.

2. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

reinstall windows.
    activate by internet or telephone (doesn't take long and it's free)
    don't use crack

3. steimy

steimy Active member

the question i have is if you have the original copy, why could you not use the code on the package to activate it?

But i agree you will have to reinstall windows.

4. ahiah9

ahiah9 Regular member

@ steimy: It's the key that is the problem. Well, the fact that I've reinstalled so many times with that key that Microsoft thinks I'm pirating Windows. I'm not. It just seems that Windows needs to be reinstalled around once a year, and if you try to reinstall more than a couple of times, Windows tells you to call Microsoft. All I would have had to do was call them, and they would've probably given me a new key and blacklisted my current one.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

true, but i understand why you are not wanting to call them. I have dealt with them quite a few times myself and it seems even the simplest tasks take an act of god and great patients to get done.

Personally i also know that there is a software kit on the net that will make any copy of Windows XP or XP Pro into a genuine copy. Even if it is a pirated copy. It changes a few things including the windows key. And even if i did remember the name i could not link you to it due to forum rules. Unlike the standart WGA cracks which are total junk.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  6. ahiah9

ahiah9 Regular member

Lol...I already have the kit. Thats the problem, I want to uncrack it.

7. ahiah9

ahiah9 Regular member

I finally did it. I uncracked it. Upon the suggestion of a friend, I found a crack that I installed, which also had an uninstall option. Uninstalling that gave me the screen saying I had to activate before logging on. I called Microsoft, got reactivated, and didn't have to reinstall. I did, however, have to reinstall a few applications, including my Anti-virus. Going to scan soon (Hope that all goes well).

Allow me to be the anti-piracy spokesman for a moment, and urge you all NOT TO PIRATE YOUR WINDOWS! Not because it's wrong, mind you... but because it might be more of a pain in the ass than it's worth! :D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007