1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRACKING a Licensed .ASF FILE??????

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Narutokid, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Narutokid

Narutokid Member

As you can tell by my request, i'm a newbi at video files. I was wonder if you pros out there know how to play a licensed video file [.asf]

My friend downloaded it from a website and sent it to me through mail. [on a cd] When i tried playing it, it requested a licensed password or something like that. It forced Window Media Player to open up a website, but nothing happens afterwards. The website did not load. [ie 404 ERROR]

IS there any way for me to crack it?

2. Narutokid

Narutokid Member

OUI! i just got finish reading some of the posts by other people. It seems that they are also having the same problem as me. Yet, most of their questioning yield no solutions. =( I'm sure my video file is protected by that DRM company thingy...

Its a movie file of something [secret]

BTW. I want to try out that program "FREE ME" or something like that, but i cannot seem to find it anywhere!" I dont know if it'll work for me, maybe yes, maybe no... not even sure what version of the protecting my video file has on it.
    I guess from what Praetor said, "would it be piracy?"
    I wouldnt know. hehe. I'm still new.

Bleh, I NEED A CRACK!

------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE!:

Ok, i found the FREEME file, but it didnt work. =( Sadness...

The file is actually a .WMV file, not an ASF file. My mistake there.

ANY Suggestions now?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2004