1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRC Error

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by DaemynX, May 25, 2003.

1. DaemynX

DaemynX Member

Hi! I recently d/l the *.bin & *.cue for NOLF 2, cd #1. After burning them with Alcohol 120% (great software by the way), I tried installing the game form the cd. After 1% (in fact, at the first file installed), I get the following error :
    CRC error The file : C:\Program......\sierralogo.bik doesnt' match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium form which you are running the setup may be corrupted.

Now, is there a way to fix that (which I think not since it's a burned CD) ?
    If not, than can I burn another CD at lower speed to prevent such "corruption" of the Cd ?
    Or is my bin file itself corrupted ?

Thanks a lot!

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Did you install the pc game from your dvd\cd-rom?
    Did you run Alcohol 120 in system tray with emulation options ticked? Use ClonyXXL to scan the burned cd to determine what cd protection is on the backup.
    ClonyXXL:http://www.primacom.net/~m6030328/downloads.htm

Shoey :)

3. DaemynX

DaemynX Member

I tried installing the game form my dvd-rom drive. And I didn't run Alcohol in the system tray. =P
    After scanning with ClonyXXL, I found out that the cd protection on the burned cd is : SecuROM *new* V4.82.01.0029

Now, what does that mean ? =)

4. DaemynX

DaemynX Member

Ok, I just read the other thread about SecuROM, thanks Shoey =P