1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a cartoon with scanned drawings and video software

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ravalox, Feb 3, 2005.

1. ravalox

ravalox Member

Okay, so I am looking to draw a cartoon out(comic book style with word boxes) and then add my voice to it along with maybe swaying the image on the screen(scanning across its surface). This doesn't sound like it would require any special hardware, just special software. My plan is to find some software that will let me basically use my drawings as frames of animation, so for example I could show it for 500 frames, record myself reading the words written on the drawing, then move on to another drawing. Then integrate the audio in as part of the video. I have a DVD burner and hope to make a short video like this and burn it to DVD. Anyways, what kind of software should I be looking for to do this?

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

First you need to make the animation.
    PaintShop Pro has Animation shop. Drop your cartoon frames in, and save it as a .avi
    Encode the avi to dvd compliant mpeg in something like Tmpgenc.
    Use Windows Sound Recorder to record your voice. It will save it as a .wav file.
    You can mux the two together in tmpgenc's mpeg tools, simple re-mux option, save it as mpeg-2 program stream.
    Test it for sync, making sure your voice is where you want it in the video.
    Adjust voice as needed in something like Goldwave, adding or removing bits, until it syncs the way you want it. Save it as a 48khz PCM .wav
    Load the finished .wav and .mpg (or mp2) into something like DVDLab.
    Create your menus, compile and burn.